RANGER R76ATRF Tire Changer
- RAN R76ATRF
The Ranger NextGen™ series R76ATR and R76ATRF tire changers are advanced tilt-tower machines designed to handle the needs of heavy volume tire shops. They perform masterfully on a wide variety of wheels including virtually all OEM and performance tire and wheel configurations. Both models are easy to operate, rugged enough to stand up to demanding workloads and are equipped with right-side power assist tower tools to help when mounting low-profile performance tires. The R76ATRF, our variable-speed model, features an adaptable speed turntable allowing operators to match turntable rotational speed and torque with varied tire and wheel combinations. On both models, ergonomic controls are sensibly placed to minimize excessive reaching, walking, or bending resulting in more jobs per day and increased profits. Other time saving features include a multi-profile traveling drop-center tool, top bead assist rollers, lower bead lifting disc and a nylon non-marring wheel restraint device - important tire shop tools designed to dramatically reduce effort, increase safety, and help minimize operator fatigue. A large 30” capacity turntable with adjustable hardened-steel RimGuard™ wheel clamps provides an internal clamping capacity of 9”- 28” and external clamping capacity of 10”- 30”.
Tilt-back tower design
- provides greater clearance and access for tire removal and inflation. Pneumatic-lock tool head stays positioned on the tower return for instant set up for like sets of tires and wheels.
- A new high-torque electric turntable drive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tire removal and installation. Controlled speed gives low profile and run-flat beads time to relax to reduce the risk of tire damage. Motor features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor construction, stronger high-quality ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy insulation, and durable rolled steel frames.
- A geometric tabletop provides for easier bead lubrication and allows operators to make visual inspections of the lower bead during mounting and inflation procedures.
- The R76ATRF model features true variable speed control allowing operators to match turntable rotational speed with varied tire and wheel combinations. R76ATRF requires 208-230V, 50/60HZ, 1-phase power supply.
- Durable, hardened steel, adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps can accommodate wheels from 9” up to 30” and feature internal and external multi‐teeth jaws with vertical mounting bolts that make replacement fast and simple.
- Advanced clamp positioning allows for improved control when clamping wheels. Position clamps exactly where you need them within the entire clamping range. No need for the clamps to cycle the full range.
- A powerful right-side assist tower features a multi-profile traveling drop-center tool that holds stubborn sidewalls in the drop-center area of the wheel for swift, precise mounting. A single lower bead lifting disc can be used to unseat stubborn lower beads or to elevate tires for tool placement. A power-drop top bead assist roller helps hold difficult top beads in place during removal and installation of tough sidewall tires. These important tire shop tools dramatically reduce the effort required to change difficult, low-profile tires and helps minimize operator fatigue. Up front trigger control and articulating arm allows for variable tire and wheel configurations. A heavy-duty, tri-flange, cast-iron assist tower carriage features linear way bearings for durable maintenance-free operation. Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
- A completely new and proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightening fast bead-breaker speeds in both directions. A 100% stainless-steel cylinder body means no more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air source condensation.
- Other exclusive design features include a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tire capacity, a large, dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger variety of tire and wheel combinations.
- Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
- A balanced flywheel helps the machine run smoothly, reduces vibration, and helps minimize associated stress on other machinery components.
- Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
- Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation. Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tire centers. Snap action spring return means precise and controlled operation.
- Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control.
- All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
- Ranger Next Generation™ tire changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore for exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
- Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of oil, heat, ozone, weather and aging.
- A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions. The rugged housing provides maximum strength for extreme durability under hard working conditions and greater precision under load during worm and gear alignment. High-strength, oversized worm and worm gears are straddle mounted between heavy-duty tapered roller bearings providing rugged dependability.
- A pneumatic nylon non-marring wheel restraint device assures wheels are safely secured to the turntable during inflation procedures.¬¬¬¬¬¬
- Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to recue wear on seals, wear band and piston rod. Permanent lubrication design provides outstanding service life.
- A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape that allows you to perform all changing functions with the tool head in the same position. The micro-smooth tool head surface glides tire beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures to ensure costly tire damage is minimized.
- Nylon tool head also comes standard. Protect your customers' expensive alloy rims and wheels from marring or damage when mounting with our durable nylon tool head that comes as a standard accessory.
- Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate wheels.
- We throw in a hardened steel tire iron and bead lever tool to assist during all tire mounting and demounting operations.
- A rigid 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft combined with a hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm maintains perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tire service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged.
- All moving parts feature maintenance free linear guide bearings for easy adjustment of both vertical and horizontal wheel settings. The non-flex horizontal arm also features a hardened lower roller guide for smooth and controlled in and out movement. Integrated rubber bump stops assure smooth return during tilt-back operations to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on tower guides and moving parts.
- A simple to use tire inflator features foot-pedal operation and inflation hose with a sure-grip clip-on ¬¬¬valve chuck enabling hands-free operation. Integrated air pressure dump valve enables you to lower tire pressure with a simple push of a button.
- Ranger tire changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system* that blasts a powerful air burst between the tire and rim to help seat stubborn beads fast. A durable, non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tire and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is larger than competitive models for all the inflation power you need, when you need it.
- Plenty of storage area for tools and accessories. Helps keep your shop tidy and operation-critical tools close at hand.
- Stainless steel braided metal conduit protects hoses and wires from abrasion and wear.
- Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add a whole extra level of versatility. Expand your capabilities, clientele and your bottom line.
|Drive System Type||Electric / Air|
|Motor||R76ATR 2 HP (110/240VAC 50-60 HZ)
R76ATRF 2 HP (110/240VAC 50-60 HZ)
2HP (208-240V,50-60 HZ, 1-Phase Only)
|Air Requirement||110 - 175 psi / 8 - 12 Bar|
|Maximum Tire Diameter||43" (1092 mm)|
|Internal Rim Clamping Capacity||10" – 30” ( 254 mm - 762 mm)|
|External Rim Clamping Capacity||9" – 28" (229 mm - 711 mm)|
|Turntable Tire Width Capacity (Mounting)||4" – 18" (102 mm – 457 mm)|
|Bead Breaker Tire Width Capacity (Demounting)||1.5" – 16" (38 mm – 406 mm)|
|Wheel Clamping Method (Adjustable Clamps)||4 Clamps - Internal / External|
|Table Clamping System||Dual Pneumatic Cylinders|
|Bead Breaking System||Adjustable Pneumatic Blade|
|Power Assist Tower(s)||Single / Right-Side|
|Bead Lifting Roller(s)||Single / Right-Side|
|Upper Bead Assist Roller||Single / Right-Side|
|Traveling Drop-Center Hold Down Devise||Standard|
|Vertical Shaft / Tool Head Positioning||Pneumatic / Locking|
|Inflation Gauge & Integrated Air Dump Valve||Standard|
|Inflation Pressure Regulator/Limiter||Standard|
|Oiler / Lubricator||Standard|
|Bead Tool/Tire Iron||Standard|
|Alloy-Steel Mount-Demount Head||Standard|
|Nylon Mount-Demount Head||Standard|
|Large Soap Bucket||Standard|
|Inflation Restraint Devise||Standard|
|Powerful Bead Seating System||TurboBlast™|
|Tool Tray / Bin Storage||Standard|
|Motorcycle Turntable Clamps||Optional|
|Shipping Weight||970 lbs. (440 Kg) / 979 lbs. ( 445 Kg)|